Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Why I Appreciate Being Single - Reason #20

Because it's a good opportunity to find out who your true-blue friends are. If I have a weird emergency, or an unpleasant task at hand, there's no boyfriend around to help me, someone that is motivated by romantic love or sexual favors. I wish I could do everything on my own. But much to my disappointment, I cannot. That means I need to call on my trusted friends for not-so-pleasant favors from time to time. And it's great to know I have awesome friends that will answer to that call. It's also a good life skill to learn to be okay to ask for help. That's Part B to this reason. Friendships and communities both thrive on an exchange of services to each other. We're all here to help each other thrive and succeed. By not having one immediate go-to person, I've learned to depend on my friends, my family, my community, and how to ask for help. Because of a larger need, I know and recognize the people I can trust to have my back and be there for me. And that is invaluable. Even going to into a relationship, I know that my partner and I both have these people to count on. And I know that because of how they've been there for me now when I've needed them the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment