Saturday, August 17, 2013

Why I Appreciate Being Single - Reason #30

It was brought to my attention that a lot of the reasons I've written about are all just derivations of one reason, which is having more personal time. And yes, that's technically true. But I think that's just as general as saying that all of outer space is just a bunch of particles. Of course it is. But they all form other things. Just like that extra personal time becomes many different formations of my life. It gives me more room to branch out and grow. Each of the branches have a meaning and relevance of their own, even if they stem from the same place.

I thought about different ways I would end my 30 reasons. I thought about a Grand Finale. But I wasn't feeling it now that time has come. So I think I want to end it by writing about a concept I've contemplated, something that's a work in progress.

I've read many times that if you are waiting or looking for the love of your life, to stop doing that, and start doing the things you love, and then they will find you. That sounds so simple. But it implies three important things. First, that you can fully identify all the things that you love and are most important to you. Second, that you are willing and able to prioritize them and commit the energy to pursuing them. And last, that you're willing to pursue them all on your own, regardless of whether or not there's someone that shares the passion to do them with you. One good example is this: I really want to do a lot of international travel. That's one thing I've probably held off on making as much of a priority as I should have, because of a lack of having to someone to do that with.

So being single (and having more free time) is my chance to hone in on what is going to make me and my life the most fulfilled and happy, without anyone else's agendas getting in the mix. It lends me the freedom to explore what is most important to me, and to recognize the importance to prioritize and pursue these things, even if it means a solo adventure. And that is my current challenge. To not wait for things in life to happen, and instead to make life happen. I will do what I love, and in that I will find love.

So, happy living, everyone. May we all have love and joy wherever we're at in life. Namaste!




No comments:

Post a Comment